ALBUQUERQUE (KRQE) - With an endless cycle of below freezing temperatures, it's a good time to remind homeowners to protect what's most vulnerable to the cold in your homes and those are water pipes.
Some of those tips include:
- Wrap any exposed pipes with some type of foam padding to protect it from the cold.
- Maintain proper care of your furnace so that the house can remain at a comfortable temperature.
- Position rigid foam board insulation between the water pipes and the wall to protect the pipes from freezing temperatures.
- Turn all the faucets on into a slow drip position. Flushing the toilets may help as well.
- Cover outside water spouts with protective covers. Most can be found at home improvement stores and be installed by the homeowner themselves.
Championship Edition Part 2: Band of the Week; Class 4A Title Preview: Goddard Rockets at Farmington Scorpions; Last Week's 4A Semi: Goddard vs. Los Lunas Tigers; Van and Lawrence talk 4A and Valencia County teams.
Championship Edition Part 3: Player of the Week: Las Cruces running back J.J. Granados.; Spirit Stick Championship: Belen outpolls five rivals; Class 3A Title Preview: Silver Fighting Colts at Robertson Cardinals.
Championship Edition Part 4: Class 2A Title Preview: Hatch Valley Bears vs. Clayton Yellowjackets; Last Week's 2A Semi: Clayton stings Santa Rosa.