DENVER (AP) — A suburban Denver man who was diagnosed with "popcorn lung," possibly from inhaling the artificial butter smell of the microwave popcorn he regularly ate, has won a $7.2 million verdict against various food companies.
Wayne Watson's attorney, Ken McClain, said a federal jury granted the award Wednesday against Gilster-Mary Lee Corp., The Kroger Co. and Dillon Companies Inc. after he developed respiratory problems in 2007.
Watson previously settled claims against the flavor developer FONA International Inc., formerly Flavors of North America Inc.
Watson argued the companies failed to warn consumers that inhaling the buttery aroma could put them at risk of lung injury.
KCNC-TV in Denver reports defense attorneys had argued Watson's health problems stemmed not from popcorn but from his years of working with carpet-cleaning chemicals.
Information from: KCNC-TV, http://www.cbs4denver.com
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
Special Olympics New Mexico provides year-round sports training and athletic competition in a variety of olympic-type sports for children and adults with intellectual disabilities. Here to tell us more is Erin Gallegos, communication …
There is a cold front moving into the state this week and this is also the time that many families are making trips to visit families for the holidays. That makes it all the more important to remind you before you head out to keep an eye …
While pregnant, it's a good idea to stay healthy, exercise lightly and remain stress free. In your busy life this could be hard to do. Denise Gonzales, the manager from Blissful Spirits hot yoga studio, is here to show us some yoga moves …