ALBUQUERQUE (KRQE) - A federal judge ruled Wednesday that an escaped convict , who is also accused of killing two tourists in New Mexico, will still face the death penalty.
The judge also said there was enough evidence to link John McCluskey to the New Mexico murders from two years ago.
Authorities said McCluskey admitted to killing Gary and Linda Haas and burning their bodies but his confession had been thrown out.
McCluskey's attorney argued the only way to connect him to the murders was through two men who have taken plea deals in the case and are set to testify against him.
The federal judge disagreed.
When it's cold outside Albuquerque and Rio Rancho's homeless sometimes count on the kindness of strangers to keep warm.
On the Fourth Day of Thriftmas Gina Nielsen shows us how to make a framed display for your Christmas cards.
Every two seconds a new profile is added to LinkedIn. Are you one of them, and are you making some common mistakes?