ALBUQUERQUE (KRQE) - A local ATF spokesperson has confirmed the last of three suspected gunmen in a deadly shooting at an Albuquerque Denny's in 2009 has been arrested.
Francisco Melgar-Cabrera had been on the run for four years.
He was reportedly found Friday in El Salvador and is expected to be extradited to the U.S.
Melgar-Cabrera faces federal charges, accused of trying to rob a Denny's restaurant at Coors and Iliff in June of 2009.
Investigators say he was wearing a mask and waving a gun, alongside Pablo Ortiz and Marvin Aguilar-Lopez.
Investigators said Aguilar-Lopez slipped because he was only wearing socks and accidently fired a bullet that ricocheted, killing Stephanie Anderson, a 34-year-old cook.
Aguilar-Lopez and Ortiz were caught soon after and are serving long prison sentences.
Melgar-Cabrera has been wanted ever since, with the ATF even offering a $10,000 reward for information leading to his arrest.
He is wanted for charges including murder while carrying a firearm during a crime of violence and attempted robbery.
A spokesperson with the U.S. attorney's office says they can not comment on extradition matters.
Ortiz was sentenced to 35 years behind bars. Aguilar-Lopez was sentenced to 40 years.
A current Denny's manager says he is glad to hear the final suspect may also be put to justice, especially for the victim's family.
When it's cold outside Albuquerque and Rio Rancho's homeless sometimes count on the kindness of strangers to keep warm.
On the Fourth Day of Thriftmas Gina Nielsen shows us how to make a framed display for your Christmas cards.
Every two seconds a new profile is added to LinkedIn. Are you one of them, and are you making some common mistakes?